[fluff][vent] Currently having a standoff with my dog of who will give in first...Dog Talks

So sweet sweet Eleanor (Ellie, Eleanor Smelleanor, etc) has decided she no longer wants her kibble. She just... doesn't like kibble at all actually. The vet has given her a perfect bill of health and decided she just must be picky?

she's a 2yo, 50lbs GSD/Aussie mix. She was ruined by my trying to fancy up the kibble to get her to eat it. Each bribe would work a little until she, being the whip smarty pants that she is, caught on to the fact that IT WAS THE SAME OLD KIBBLE UNDERNEATH.

I have read time and time again that with dogs like this, you just have to have a standoff. A healthy dog will not starve itself, it just needs to learn that bowl down = meal time. HOWEVER... this is a lot more easily said than done... especially when you have a partner who is, to put it nicely a TOTAL SUCKER.

Given that she is healthy, I'm over this little tantrum. We are currently on hour 2 of the standoff, and I plan to keep you all updated on how long this lasts. I predict that in two hours my boyfriend will say "just give her the wet food she's starving". No... no she is not. Or, she might be, but this is exactly what she wants from us... to stare into those moon sized puppy dog eyes and say "oh... the pitiful poor thing..."

IT'S A LIE.

Anyway, if anyone has any success stories of this method that didn't make you feel like you were abusing your dog... please let me know. This is so very strange.



Submitted November 04, 2020 at 10:05PM by jbleone https://ift.tt/32gYCA1

Comments